Getting an AC tune-up is essential to ensure your air conditioning system operates efficiently and reliably. Ideally, it’s best to schedule system maintenance once a year, preferably in the spring before the hot summer months begin.
This timing allows your technician to inspect and maintain your AC system, identify any issues and make necessary repairs or adjustments before it’s subjected to heavy use during the summer. Air Tech of Pasadena is happy to assist with your seasonal AC tune-up.
How Long Does An AC Tune-Up Take?
The duration of an AC tune-up can vary depending on several factors, including the size and complexity of the air conditioning system, its current condition, and the thoroughness of the service provided by the HVAC technician.
Our tune-up services typically take between 1 to 2 hours to complete. During this time, our technicians will go through a series of inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance tasks to ensure your system operates efficiently and reliably.
What Is the General Process Of An AC Tune-Up?
Seasonal cooling system maintenance involves a series of steps and checkpoints to ensure your air conditioner runs as it should. Here at Air Tech of Pasadena, our team takes this process seriously and we never cut corners. Read on for a breakdown of what happens when you schedule your tune-up with us.
The first step of your maintenance call involves a preparation and safety check. By turning off the power to the AC unit, our team can ensure their own safety while they service your system. Then, we will visually inspect the AC unit and its components, looking for any signs of wear, damage or loose connections.
The Core Of An AC Tune-Up
For traditional, ducted air conditioning systems, many of the maintenance tasks are the same regardless of your home’s model. The main tasks of your tune-up will include:
- Cleaning the outdoor unit — The outdoor condenser unit is thoroughly cleaned to remove dirt, debris and plant material that may have accumulated or grown around it.
- Checking refrigerant levels — Your technician checks the refrigerant levels to ensure they are within the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
- Inspecting and cleaning the coils — The evaporator and condenser coils are inspected and cleaned.
- Checking and replacing filters — The air filter is inspected, and if it is dirty or clogged, will be replaced.
- Inspecting and lubricating moving parts — The technician inspects and lubricates the motor and other moving parts of the AC unit.
- Checking electrical components — The electrical components, such as capacitors, relays and contractors, are inspected to ensure they are functioning correctly.
Testing The System
Once the above steps are completed, our team will test your cooling system. The thermostat will be tested to ensure it accurately reads and controls the temperature. After completing the necessary maintenance tasks, your technician will turn on the AC unit and check its overall performance. Our team will ensure that it is cooling effectively and that there are no unusual noises or vibrations.
Recommendation And Documentation
If any issues are identified during the tune-up, our technicians will discuss them with you and provide recommendations for repairs or further actions. Then we conclude our service with documentation of the results of the tune-up, including any repairs made or recommendations given, for your records.
Pasadena AC Maintenance
If you are looking for preventive maintenance for your air conditioner, we are here to help. We will make sure your air conditioner is up and running this season and help prevent costly future repairs. Call Air Tech of Pasadena today!